The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us all to endure many changes in our lives and has created an incredible amount of stress over the last year and a half. From employment issues to social isolation and also the loss of loved ones, the pandemic has taken a toll on all of us. We know there is an extremely high need for accessible and affordable mental health resources in our city.
As your city councillor, Ahmed believes our health is our wealth. He will:
- Ensure the mental health and well-being of Edmontonians is top of mind when city council deliberates
- Provide preventative measures to alleviate the stigma surrounding mental health awareness and treatment
- Consult and work with experts in the field of mental health to find ways to make it more accessible and affordable
- Support the idea of expanding access to safe consumption sites to battle the opioid crisis and prevent deaths
- Support an increase in naloxone kits and the education around using them